Dina Belaia, BFA
email@example.com • www.belaia.com
Dina started her visual art training at an early age while living in Russia. At 15 she joined an Analytical Art studio, and still follows this school and artistic method. In Canada she continued her education in the same field and graduated in Visual Arts from York University. She works as an illustrator and graphic designer and even a face/body painter, as well as a fine artist. She prefers drawing with pencil to any other media, although occasionally opting for painting and digital imagery.
• Disrupting/Undoing Art Show, OCAD University, Open Gallery, 2013
• Personal Art Show in the Deer Park Library, 2013
• Central Connection Annual Art Show, 2015, 2016
• Artisans at Work Gallery, monthly shows, 2016, 2017
• Shades of Ability Art Show, 2016
• Yellow House Gallery, Snowflakes Show, 2016
• John B. Aird Gallery, Drawing 2017 Show
Dina’s work can be seen online at:
Website: www.belaia.com, follow the Painting link
Facebook: www.facebook.com/dina.belaia, follow the link to the Art album
Dina’s drawings follow the school of Analytical Abstractionism (see www.analytical-art.com). It employs a process of creating forms from particular to whole, analysing the image rather than synthesizing it. Try to understand not what, but how it’s done. Be interested not in the face of the clock, but in the inner mechanism to understand progression of time.